Dollar Tree Stacked Pumpkin Decor Diy

I’ve really been showing a lot of love to my entryway this fall and this Dollar Tree diy is one of the last two crafts I made for the space. I’m one of those people who can’t help but fill every empty corner in my house and this stacked pumpkin decor is filling the void by my front door!

Read More

Dollar Tree Rag Wreath with Succulent Planters

I’m starting on a couple of projects for my front porch, and I wanted to make a new spring/summer wreath. Since I’d been wanting to try my hand at a rag wreath I decided to create one completely from Dollar Tree products! I’m soo excited about how this project turned out and can’t wait to get it hung on our door!

Read More

Mini Word Signs

On day 11 of #12daysofchristmascrafts I'm sharing these cute mini word signs, made using ornaments from Dollar Tree! When I saw these ornaments I knew immediately that I wasn't going to be using them for the purpose they were made. And this project turned out exactly how I imagined!



Supplies:

  • Word ornaments (Dollar Tree)
  • Wood (I repurposed mine from a raised garden bed) or rectangular wood blocks
  • Paint
  • Wood glue
  • Sandpaper
  • Saw

Step 1: Measure each word ornament and add 1/4 inch on each side of the word. This will be the measurement for the wood block.


* Be sure to measure each word because they are different lengths.*

Step 2: Cut the wood to size. This wood was left over from a raised garden bed I took apart to use for one of my summer décor projects.


Step 3: Sand any rough edges until smooth.


Step 4: Paint each wood block. I used a dry brush technique to give it the same weathered appearance as the ornaments. 


Step 5: Apply wood glue to the bottom of the ornament and attach to wood block. Allow to dry for 24 hours.



- The wood glue directions state to clamp the pieces. But, I found that holding the word in place for a couple of minutes was enough to hold it upright so the glue could set.

When the glue was fully set, I added these raised snowflake stickers using hot glue. This covers the holes where I removed the twine used to hang the ornament.

And here they are on my floating shelves I recently got from Ikea.


After all these projects I'm seriously considering redecorating the main living space in red! Lol. Just kidding, I love yellow way too much😍.