Tuesday, June 13, 2017

DIY Laundry Room Organization - Part 3


Today I’m sharing the third and final part of my Laundry Room Organization series. This has been one long process, but I’ve learned some things along the way. I’ve always tried to live by the words “less is more” (or at least I thought I did) and I’m realizing I could live with less. Getting everything checked off on my to do list isn’t necessarily more important than figuring out what things can be removed from my life.

Do you ever feel like your email inbox is a death trap? There’s that never-ending cycle of promotional emails you get just because you had to subscribe to get one coupon. Then you have the social media notifications that won’t go away no matter how many settings you change. When it takes a week to clear out your email inbox it’s a problem. Ok, end rant. I say all that to say my Laundry Room Organization project has been one of those clutter solving projects that reiterates the less is more mentality and I’m striving to keep it simple.

This week I used scrap pieces of MDF, from my DIY folding station, to add to the existing shelving. I also decided to create a curtain to have the option of the shelves being hidden from view.




Project goals:

1.       Add to shelving

2.       Create enclosure for shelving

Supply list: hand saw, right angle braces (12), screws, drill, level, white sheet, pompom trim, fabric glue, hot glue

Step 1: Cut MDF boards to size and created a one shelf unit by attaching angle braces with screws.


Step 2: Attached shelf unit to existing shelving. I decided not to paint at this point, maybe I’ll change my mind later.


Step 3: Created a curtain from an old flat bed sheet by cutting to size and attaching an adhesive pompom trim. I doubled the sheet and secured with fabric glue and hot glue (for faster setting).


Step 4: I hung the curtain with the cheapest rod I could find (this one is only 1.79 from Ikea), and curtain rings with clips from Amazon.


To recap, here is all three parts in the series.


The total cost  for all three parts of this project was less than $60!

Once again, thanks for stopping by. I hope this inspired you to simplify your life. Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Also stop by my Instagram page @simplymindy3 where I’ll be posting frugal finds, upcycle ideas, post previews, and just simple things that make me smile. Thanks, and God Bless.

Living Simply,

Mindy✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment